Our curriculum is guided and supported by the educators’ knowledge and understandings of our curriculum documents C&K Building Waterfalls and the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF).
C&K Building Waterfalls describes an approach to living, learning and teaching that communicates:
- Children as competent and capable
- Families as each child’s first and primary educator
- Teachers as knowledgeable and respected educators of young children
- Early childhood education and care settings as inclusive and sustainable living and learning communities
- C&K Building Waterfalls promotes a collaborative approach to the development of curriculum, teaching and learning. The significance of partnerships between children, educators, families and communities is embedded within the currents of thought of CONNECTING, ENLARGING, LISTENING and EXPLORING in the guidelines.
Belonging, Being & Becoming – the Early Years Learning Framework for Australia (EYLF) is the national framework for early childhood education and care. This document provides the foundation for future success in learning for Australian children.
The EYLF has five key learning outcomes to assist in and guide curriculum decision making and assessment to promote each child’s learning:
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators
For more information on the Early Years Learning Framework, click here….eylf